Because we want to hear more success stories from Australian female tech start-ups and inspire a new generation of women entrepreneurs to step confidently into the tech space.
Our 8-week accelerator program is specifically designed to support, educate, grow and empower founders from idea validation to building your minimum viable product, through to your first investor – we are with you on the journey.
Get expert guidance, advice and the confidence you need to get your idea to market.
- Get clear on your market and validate your idea
- Learn the key steps to building a minimum viable product (MVP) of your app or website and get to market faster
- Understand how to validate your business model and create a successful tech business that generates revenue
- Learn the ‘tech speak’ and how to effectively communicate your product vision to a design and development team to avoid costly mistakes
- Develop your startup idea under the guidance of technology and startup experts to save you time and money
- Learn the basics of coding languages and choose the right technology platform for your startup
- Know how to hire the right developers and understand the risks and benefits of outsourcing vs finding a co-founder
- Learn how to set up a company, protect your idea, the legal and regulatory requirements, grants, tax reliefs and investment options available
what to expect
from the 8 week program
You’ll attend our interactive workshops where you can learn from startup experts to refine your idea and action the learnings, to give you the best chance of building a sustainable and scalable technology business.
- Workshop content created by industry experts in UX design, software development, startup, product strategy and investment
- Templates, procedures and activities that will help you develop your startup idea and startup skills
- Guest presentations from successful Australian technology entrepreneurs
- Connect with other like-minded women to share your startup journey
- Be part of a growing community of industry experts, investors and entrepreneurs who want to see more female tech founders succeed
- 8 weeks of support from mentors and the community to give you feedback and ensure you’re on the right track
- Get alumni discounts and perks to save you money
- Learn in an interactive, engaging and supportive environment
5 years ago I started on a journey to build my first ever technology business.
I didn’t know anything about building websites, apps or how tech businesses worked but, I thought “how hard could it be?”
Like so many first time tech founders, with a big vision and limited budget, I made plenty of mistakes costing me time and money.
“Through my own failings I learnt what my purpose and passion is, and that’s helping women in business”
Through the Hatching Lab, I’m incredibly proud of our achievements – over the past three years, we’ve worked with entrepreneurs and startup businesses in Australia to refine, validate and get-to market, over 20 technology products (with some of our clients going on to raise hundreds of thousands of dollars for their products).
Tech Ready® Program is a result of hours spent with non-tech and tech founders, investors and partner experts, we’ve brought in the best and brightest to teach you the tools of the trade.
Our mission is simple,
“Inspire, empower and prepare non-tech females for their tech journey, so they have the skills and know-how to create tech businesses and innovative products”
If you have a brilliant business idea and you want to test market and even go as far as building your first prototype, join me for Tech Ready’s 8 week intensive course.
I’m looking forward to meeting you and being inspired by your creativity and idea.
experts & mentors
Co-Founder of recruitment technology platform Workible. Workible is a revolutionary mobile-first HR solution. She is an award-winning businesswoman and inspirational speaker with a proven track in business. She has a wealth of experience as both a business owner and in the corporate arena. As a "serial entrepreneur”, she has owned seven of her own businesses over twenty years and has worked with and/or had alliances with some of the biggest names in Australia.
Delivery & Operations Director, Seek
Craig is a software engineer, a technology leader coach and a father of two girls. With 18 years experience in the development, delivery and management of large scale as well as niche, cutting edge technology, his experience spans several domains. These include: Online Marketplaces, Internet, Mobile, Digital Media, Transactions, Social Media, Big Data and Telecommunications. Currently he is the Delivery and Operations Director at SEEK and he leads the delivery of SEEK’s products, that help them meet their purpose, of helping people live more fulfilling working lives . Craig is passionate about developing people and helping them meet and exceed their potential. He’s previously worked at Yahoo7, Optus, Excite and the ABC.
General Manager, Class Pass
With a background in finance, including a stint at Goldman Sachs, an MBA from Harvard Business School, and investments in private companies and experience launching products at tech startups, including Paperless Post, Rent the Runway and Atlassian, Natasha's CV is extremely impressive. Today, she is busy as Regional General Manager of ClassPass.Natasha will share her advice on disrupting your career path.
OUR MISSION is to accelerate the rate of women entering the tech space and creating innovative technology products and businesses.
Tech Ready is a leading EduTech company equipping women with the skills, education and community they need to empower them on their tech journey.
“My business partner and I knew nothing about how to build technology before we created Motherhood’s app. After blindly trying to figure out how to get started, we now know that understanding the design and development process, and how to hire the right developers is key. Christie has been my rock, she is my first go-to whenever I need a honest and valuable sound board. Her experience as a non-tech female founder in the startup world means she gets what challenges you’ll face. I would highly recommend doing the Tech Ready Program if you are just starting out, would like to save time and money getting your idea to market.”
Millie Zinner, Co-founder Motherhood
“Building a tech company has been an incredible journey. Even with tech connections I made costly mistakes. I simply had nowhere to go to learn the tech skills required to get to market quickly. Tech Ready Program prepares you for business now and in the future. People want tech products in the market that other people want to use. Tech Ready Program will give you the resources, advisers, expertise and community you need to turn your tech idea into reality and create a successful business! An opportunity to learn from the best, get your product to market, gain skills, connect with other likeminded and supportive women – it’s brilliant – give yourself the best start in business – do Tech Ready.”
Gwenda Phillips, Global Executive, Founder Your Hidden Mind